A cute accordian coaster book came to mind. 
I really enjoyed putting this together even though I had a few minor mishaps. But you learn from your mistakes so you have to experience them every now and then...and I won't tell if you don't!
I started out by cutting 10 squares of paper to fit the 4" coasters I planned to use. Crate Paper was the paper of choice for this project. I love its style, texture, and thickness. I mod-podged the paper to the front and back of each coaster. I chose mod-podge simply because it's super quick to apply with a brush, it gives a great even coat, and has the best hold of all the adhesives I own. Once the mod-podge dried, I trimmed the corners with a scissors then ran a SU sanding block around the edges of each coaster, both sides, to give it a slight distressed look. I achieved the distressed look but I found that the sanded areas were to white for my liking. I took a distressing ink pad(old paper) and ran it around the edges of the coasters and also a little here and there on the faces. Problem fixed.
The next step was to design the inside pages where the kids pictures would be. I layed pictures, covered coasters and matting paper in a line on the table. I matted each picture, distressed the mats some, then picked which picture looked best on each page. I got out my stash of ribbons and metal embellishments and played till I got the pages to my liking. I tried to keep it somewhat simple. I didn't want to take away from the pictures.
For final assembly, I created a binding by tooking a 10"x3.5" piece of plain coordinating paper and scored it every inch. Fold it accordian style then glued each coaster page to the binding using double sided sticky tape. As you flip through the book, you will see part of the binding on the back side of each page.
You will find that your binding paper will overlap on the front and back side of your book. To hide this, simply take a piece of your design paper and glue it over the accordian paper to hide it. Finish off the front of the book to your liking and add a ribbon for closure. By adding the ribbon, you help give shape and support to your book. I used sticky dots along the length of the ribbon to hold it in place. DONE!
Stamps: SU classic alphabet set
Inks: black stazon
Paper: Crate Paper, SU creamy caramel, river rock, sage shadow
Extras: SU sanding blocks, distresser, SU hodgepodge kits, other odd&end metal embellishments, chipboard alphabet, cindyribbon.