~In the Treetop~

I just got my order from eP and I am SO excited. Aside from my little findings at LSS during the retreat I attended a few weeks ago, it's been forever since my last purchase of new stamping supplies. While the idea to use up what I have sounds practical, sometimes you just have to break down and get new. It helps with the mojo ya know ;) Well that's my excuse anyway. hehe
Amongst my new supplies is the set..."In the Treetop" by Lizzie anne Designs.
I fell in love with it the instant I saw it in the eP store. And with fall knocking on our doors, this is the first set I just had to dirty up.

On this card I tried the faux dry embossing tech. for the first time. I stamped the tree trunk/branches in SU chocolate chip, then stamped the body of the tree with SU craft whisper white(or pine white as I refer to it, if you know my friend Pine, you understand why I call it that, hehe)then I stamped over the white using SU always artichoke but moved the image slightly to the right of the white so you get the shadow effect.

This card was done similar to the other but I used white cardstock rather than the kraft. The tree trunk/branches are stamped in SU chocolate chip, then I stamped the body of the tree with SU always artichoke by stamping it off once on a scrap piece of paper then over the branches so the color was a little bit lighter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails