Garden Surprise!

The other day I took a stroll around our house making notes of odds and ends that needed tending to before winter hits. While I was busy adding things to my list, I arrived at our pond only to have something catch my eye that should not be... These big beautiful deep burgandy perennial Hybiscus peeking back at me from behind the pond. The blooms were about 5"-6" across. For the life of me, I don't remember buying or planting this beauty.
Years ago my MIL and I had planted some pink/white perennial hybiscus in the front yard knowing full well it was hit or miss as to weither they would make it through our winters. For a couple of years they did really well. The one year the blooms were nearly as big as the boys heads, they had to be about 4 and 5 then...it was amazing! ...I have pictures somewhere...Then just like that, they stopped coming back. They finally faced a winter that was to harsh for them.
I hope they fair the winter and rebloom next year. What a wonderful surprise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails