What is great about this recipe is that you can switch it up a bit and they still turn out YUMMO!
Today I added white chocolate chips and dried crasins. They are DELISH and don't last long in this house...hmm maybe I better rethink doing a double batch!
So if you are stuck inside like me and craving something on the sweet side, give this recipe a try. You won't regret it! Maybe, just maybe it will become your favorite too.

Call me goofy but I like round cookies so I roll the dough in a ball, place it on the cookie sheet then flatten each with the palm of my hand.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 C butter
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 C flour (+ 1/4 C extra for softer cookies, I do this)
6 oz. chocolate chips (or 3 oz. white chocolate chips and 3 oz. craisins)
Cream shortening, butter, and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour.
Hand stir in chips. Bake 375 degrees for 8-10 mins.
Yields 2 1/2 dozen (or 2 dozen if you eat batter like me Ü)

...and there is no fancy cooling rack either, just a clean brown grocery bag cut to lay flat.(use the inside of bag) It also absorbs some of the butter/shortening as the cookies cool.
~KooKs~